Wednesday 18 March 2015

Incense: Satya's Nag Champa...


My love affair with Nag Champa began when I was an Design student back in 2000 (eek... that is so long ago). Someone told me that Bob Dylan burnt Nag Champa at his concerts and thought I would give it ago.... I was drawn in by the strong sweet smells of sandalwood and frangipani.....It kind of went with the whole dreadlocks down to my bum, indie art student, stoner vibe.... well the dreads are gone (left in a bin in Thailand.... yes i cried) and I am now obviously a responsible mother and Nurse ;)  ..... but the nag champa is a total necessity... no other brand will do!

Incense

 In fact a few years ago I surprised my sister by getting all panicky because the lady in my regular Nag Champa shop told me there was a shortage at the stockists..... Nightmare!!

One of the first things I do when i get a rare moment alone is Light my incense, stick on a bit of Jimi/Jefferson Airplane, Love, Dylan, etc...... and relax... Bliss!

Although Satya produce many other smells.. i am a die hard Champa fan.

My Satya Nag Champa Stash
Visit here for more Incense posts

9 comments:

Kath said...

"nag champa is a total necessity"

Oh yes.

michelle said...

my fave too! I have dreadlocks down to my bum and am still a nurse and (semi) responsible mother :)

Debbie said...

Nag Champa reigns supreme in incense world! I had tried SO MANY others, but years ago came to my senses and realized that there is nothing else to compare!! Bliss.

Heather said...

yes nagchmpa is the best, but I find I've gone off incense a bit now, it's a little bit too much back there in the day now! X

Laurie Brown said...

I burn lots of incense but Indian is the best, and Nag Champa is the best of the best. It puts my mind in a very different place from anything else!

moonpoppy said...

I love Nag Champa too,it gives a certain "vibe"to a room that I really enjoy,it makes me feel relaxed.

Eva Alessandria said...

I dig the nag champa too, first thing I do when my feet hit the floor in the morn is light up my incense. I also have a penchant for amber, the incense alone is magical but burning the resin as well is amazing and mixed with the nag incense is absolutely heavenly. I'm a firm believer in incense clearing energy, there's a reason it's been used for centuries ~ pictures are lovely as always btw.

Epolenep said...

totally agree!!

LandGirl1980 said...

It's pretty much all I ever burn. Nothing else comes close :)